Saturday, November 19, 2011

10 Questions to Diagnose your Spiritual Health

This is a book Im reading & it really spoke to me so I wanted to share. This chapter says Are you more loving? This is what it says: Let me get right to the point. Jesus said that LOVE is the clearest mark of a Christian. "A new commandment I give to you," He announced in John 13:34-35 "that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this we will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." If you are growing in your love for others- especially in your love for Christians- then you are growing as a Christian. (I have really struggled the last few years with loving other Christians, sometimes I think its harder because we expect more from Christians & when we feel they fail us, we have less grace for them-Beths feelings). God places great importance on love by Christians in the Bible. Love is the badge & character of Christianity. A Christian may advance in many areas, including the ability to witness, teach or even preach, but these mean little without growth in the most important Christian distinctive-LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment