Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall/Thanksgiving Arrangement

 I am working on a centerpiece arrangement for our table for Thanksgiving. This is usually not my thing but Im excited  my sister & mom will be here for Thanksgiving & wanted my table to look festive. Unfortunatley I didnt inherit the decorating gene from my mom, but Im trying. :) Maybe mom can tweak it when she comes this weekend.
 I saw an idea on Pinterest , the gal used votive cups but I had a larger area to fill & thought the votives would get swallowed up on my table so I found these taller glasses with a gold rim. I had some left over little pumpkins , raffia stuff, rocks, silk leaves & I went outside & picked up some sticks from the yard. I didnt put up our Thankful Tree this year since we are not doing weekly Family Dinners right now. I think it might be fun on Thanksgiving to have everyone trace their hand & write on their "leaf hand" things they are thankful for.
 I cut the word "thanks" out of vinyl & attached a letter to each of the glasses.

I think my branches still need a little work & the grouping can use my moms touch but Im proud that I stretched  out of my comfort zone.. And the table looks a lot more festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment