Thursday, August 4, 2011

100 days of praise-Acceptance today

Phil 3:13-14
One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Man made plans are fallible; God's plans are not. Yet whenever life takes an unexpected turn, we are tempted to fall into the spiritual traps of worry, self pity, or bitterness. God intends that we do otherwise.
The old saying is familiar: "forgive & forget." But when we have been hurt badly, forgiveness is often difficult and forgetting is downright impossible. Since we cant forget yesterdays troubles, we should learn from them. Yesterday has much to teach us about tomorrow. We may learn from the past, but we should never live in the past.( How true)..
So if you're trying to forget the past, don't waste your time. Instead, try a different approach: learn to accept the past and live in the present. Then, you can focus your thoughts & your energies, not on the struggles of yesterday, but instead on the profound opportunities that God has placed before you today.
A mans heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
We need to be at peace with our past, content with our present, and sure about our future, knowing they are all in God's hands.--Joyce Meyers (Love this one)
I pray hard, I work hard, and leave the rest to God.--Florence Griffith Joyner
Acceptance says: true this is my situation at the moment. I'll look unblinkingly at the reality of it. But, I'll also open my hands to accept willingly whatever a loving Father sends me.-- Catherine Marshall
Should we accept only good from God and not adversity? Job 2:10
Prayer:
Lord, when I am discouraged, give me hope. When I am impatient, give me peace. When I face circumstances that I cannot change, give me a spirit of acceptance. In all things great and small, let me trust in you, dear Lord, knowing that You are the Giver of life and the Giver of all things good, today and forever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment