Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Craving God Day 7

Finding My Beautiful
Thought for the day:
Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
The author says she doesnt know a woman alive who is completely happy with her body. No woman has said I eat healthy, I exercise & I love the way I look 100 %. Have yo ever met anyone who has said these things. Some perceived flaws are related to weight, but just as often we find imperfections that exercise cant cure, such as body shape, height, genetics or signs of aging. We tend to focus on what we see wrong with our bodies, including negative impressions and comments that stick with us from childhood. The author says I will always have cellulite, stand 5'7" and have a low waistline. She knows these are shallow concerns in the scheme of life but if I allow my brain to park in a place of dissatisfaction about my body, it gives Satan room to strip me of motivation by whispering "your body is never going to look the way you want it to look, so why sacrifice so much? We need to remember to seek the Lords perspective in Psalms it says Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.. and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love & compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
The Bible tells us that the body he gave us is good. Its not perfect, nor will it ever be on this side of eternity. But our bodies are a gift, a good gift for which we can be thankful. Being faithful in taking care of this gift & walking according to God's plan gives us renewed strength to keep a healthy view of our bodies. Many things we see as negative God can use as good, the author talks about her "thick" ankles, but the benefits of them are she can hike with her husband, stand cheering for her kids at multiple sporting events, chase her dog through the yard & she has never sprained her ankle.
We need to find our beautiful like the quote at the beginning, dont hold your beautiful up to others. We each have our own beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment