Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Craving GOd Day 8

I'll Start Again On Monday
Boy Ive said this before....A lot of women have said these very same words, whether its an excuse regarding our diet, exercise, temper or devotional time, this phase cycles through our lives on a regular basis. For example on a Saturday morning , I head down to the kitchen vowing to eat healthier, make good choices only to have my resolve melt like the icing on the cinnamon rolls my daughter pulls from the oven. So I conclude the weekend is the worst time to begin eating healthier & tell myself I will start on Monday. However I find myself nagged by the subtle feeling of defeat, disappointment & frustration. This crushing cycle of powerlessness that Ive come to hate continues.I dont want to wander around on a fruitless path unable to enter into the abundant life God has for me. Today I challenge you to start a new cycle of making God your focus rather than food. Each time you crave something you know isnt part of your plan, use that craving as a prompting to pray. I crave alot. So I pray alot. God gave us the gift of prayer to turn our times of desperation into relationship opportunities with Him. This cycle is far more promising than distancing ourselves from His goodness with our own sense of self loathing & defeat.
For example when we make God our focus, we can wake up in the morning & say God I want donuts this morning, instead though I will eat an egg. Im thankful for these eggs, it is hard to resist but instead of wallowing in what I cant have I'm making the choice to celebrate what I can have.
What better way to live than fully in today rather than always looking to start over on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment